This week on the DBS we have the Robosapiens!!
Not only with an exclusive guest mix, but also an interview I did with the guys on the weekend where we talk about their new album Dystopia, the Kickstarter project to make it a reality, what’s happening with Dead Famous, how they work with studios at either end of the planet, dj’ing to hippies in scary masks, big knobs and the sync button…
Linked below is their Kickstarter project – get involved and grab yourself an exclusive copy of the album before November 16.
Hailing from Bristol UK and Brisbane Australia the Robosapien’s are Steve Kyte, Jamie Flukes and Phill Corpe. Touring the world with their DJ sets to having a grand total of over 70 releases between the three of them they are no strangers to electronic music.Originally Jamie and Steve built up the robosapiens name in the fast emerging breakbeat scene known for their love of the 303 and high energy sets.
For eight years they have also been running the independent record label Dead Famous Records (www.deadfamous.org) based in the UK putting out a string of breakbeat and techno records. Now joined by Phill Corpe, an artist in his own right as “Resistor”, the new line-up sees the guys taking their sound to the next level.
Over the last year and a half, the guys have been working on their debut album “Dystopia” due for release in early 2015.Drawing influences from all corners of the audio spectrum, bringing together elements of tech, acid, rock and a heavy chunk of breakbeat, fused together to bring you their unique brand of electronica. It’s quite evident the Robosapiens are bringing back that oldschool flavour, while incorporating a modern sound that truly proves that breakbeat is pre-eminent and on its way back to becoming the party rocker it once was.
Big show – was so great to be able to spend some time with the Robosapiens guys and have a cool chat about the album, them, Dead Famous and shoot the shit on the industry, playing live and general laughs. Respect to them, the album is great so make sure you help them get it out and score yourself some exclusive stuff by getting in on the kickstarter!
01. Future Funk Squad – The Hunted (Mechanical Pressure Remix) [Audio Science Productions]
02. Neoh – Let The Bass Down [N-Mitysound Records]
03. Dirt Revolver – Shiva [Benefit Records]
04. Moontrip – Demetria [Tek Records]
05. Charlie Kane – My Release [Census Records]
06. Meat Katie, Dylan Rhymes, Metha – Invader [LOT49]
07. Shockillaz – Rock Representa [Expand Records]
08. Jiro – Back To Underground [Renegade Alien Records]
09. Ed Steele – DB6 (Lee Coombs & Kostas G Remix) [AUX Technology]
Interview: Phil and Jamie from the Robosapiens
Guest Mix: Robosapiens
01. Robosapiens – Dystopia Intro
02. Robosapiens – Last Days (Dystopia)
03. Robosapiens – Dawn Patrol (Dystopia)
04. Robosapiens – Punk Rock Jesus (Dystopia)
05. Robosapiens – Evolve Or Die (Radio Exclusive)
06. Robosapiens – Up All Night (Radio Exclusive)
07. Robosapiens – Forever Evil (Dystopia)
08. Robosapiens – White Lines (Dead Famous)