This week on the DBS we have an entire show take over by none other than Mesmer!
Yep, the man has done an exclusive 2 hour mix just for the show and it is awesome. So this is a proper take-over show – make you tune in for this as it’s pretty special…
Mesmer (Prague, Czech Republic / Bucharest, Romania)Mesmer started producing breaks back in 2006 and has been building up an international following ever since with his energetic yet deep and lush easily recognizable style and amazing production skills.Hailing from Bucharest, Romania, Mesmer has quickly become known as one of the finest producers the country has to offer and has had support from many of the biggest names around: Annie Nightingale on Radio One, Jay Cunning on Kiss FM, Matt Darey’s “Nocturnal” and many more.As of 2009 as well as producing stomping tunes and remixes for many of the scene’s biggest labels such as Sound of Habib, Dead Famous, Dusted Breaks, Re:connect, etc,
Mesmer has launched his own label Scarcity.With an eclectic view, Scarcity drops mainly breaks and sometimes even tech-house, dubstep and drum and bass tracks for the dance floors worldwide while maintaining a catalogue of productions that sets a standard of quality. If you like your beats dipped in lush melodies, acidic hooks and thunderous basslines, then this is a label worthy of your attention. Scarcity has quickly become one of the most consistent labels around today and won the “Best New Label” category at the biggest international breakbeat awards Breakspoll in 2011 held in London, UK.
Mesmer’s productions continue to gather support and top the charts around the scene while Scarcity has been gathering pace with every release. He is now recognised as being the breakbeat pioneer in Romania, managing to create his own recognisable style of breaks. Whether you want a remix, an original track, an amazing label or a top class international dj, Mesmer provides!
There are not many people that I would hand over the reigns of an entire DBS show to – Mesmer is one of those people and this show is why. Such a great and solid journey: the deep, the driving, the bounce, the epic, the classic, the exclusive – all damn, damn good and mixed with such a solid flow. Respect mate!
01. Yaroslav Lenzyak – 27 April (Original Mix) [Diferit]
02. Ridium – Eye Of A Needle (Original Mix) [Scarcity]
03. A-Spark – Parallel Realities (A-Spark’s Oak Street Mix) [Scarcity CDR]
04. Mesmer – Symmetry (Original Mix) [Scarcity]
05. Michael Lovatt – Drift (The Funklab Remix) [Ricochet]
06. DJ Rasoul – Oh Baby (Quinn “Kerbcrawler” Whalley Remix) [Robsoul]
07. Precision Cuts – The Return (Original Mix) [Scarcity CDR]
08. Mesmer – Ignition (Original Mix) [Scarcity]
09. Kwah – Hypnotoad (Dr Fish Remix) [Rune]
10. Precision Cuts – Bebopalula (Original Mix) [Scarcity CDR]
11. Mechanical Pressure & Lin – Take Me With You (Mesmer Re-Edit) [Scarcity CDR]
12. YUM YUM vs Santigold – Les Artistes – (DJ Icey ReRub) [CDR]
13. Metha – Monster (Lee Coombs & Kostas G Remix) [VIM]
14. Mesmer – Nowhere (Original Mix) [Scarcity]
15. Mesmer – Weird Funk (Mesmer’s 2014 Acid Funk Mix) [Scarcity]
16. Evil Nine – Broken Dreams (Original Mix) [For Lovers]
17. Ray Foxx feat Rachel K Collier – Boom Boom (Heartbeat) [Strictly Rhythm]
18. Mesmer – The Flip (Original Mix) [Scarcity]
19. Curl & Dean – Bantha (Beta Remix) [Scarcity]
20. Abdomen Burst – Shine (Mesmer Remix) [Scarcity CDR]
21. Preamp – Koi Fish (Original Mix) [Metamorph Muzik]
22. Tie Fighters – Afterglow (Original Mix) [Scarcity]
23. Young MC – Know How (Stanton Warriors Remix) [CDR]
24. Mesmer – Le Food Feud (Karl Sav Remix) [Scarcity]