Keeping on the run of guest mixes, this week we feature the return of the mighty Triple Agent! We last had him on the show in June 2010 and since then he has been honing his skillz and carving himself a solid name in the psybreaks community with both his releases and the label he co-runs Logariddim. He recently dropped a Double A side on us in the form of Pistols & Spaceships / Undervelt – both of which have done some serious damage all over the shot, so I asked him if he’d like to grace the show again – he did and here it is. Featuring new stuff from him on Logariddim and Broken Robot, plus a stack of other exclusives this is one not to miss for all those who like their breaks head down driving and layered with the psyness…
Luk Schmid was infected by the electronical virus since 1996. At that time he mostly went to outdoor Techno parties, Drum n Bass events and he played guitar in a band. The influence of different music styles was as formative that he eventually found his way to Breakbeats & Tech-Funk. In 2005 he established Dirty Beats DJ Comboì with his friends and DJís Maxterì & Zide Kickì and began to organise Breaks and Tech-funk parties. Dirtybeatsì has been the ideal platform for improving his DJ skills and for socializing. In 2006 Luk took a first try on the synths. The musical odyssey has begun and it didnít took long until he found his own style. Former influences from Progressive & Goa Trance have been noticeable in his productions and the combination of impulsive breakbeats and psychedelic leads became essential. The Triple Agent Project was born.
In the year 2011 he has founded his own Psybreaks & Tech-Funk Record Label “Logariddim” together with his very good friend Pascal (Pascal Inc.) Shortly after “Logariddim Records” became nominated as “best new Label” at “Breakspoll International Breakbeats Awards” in 2012.
These days Luk established another DJ/producer project called Millivolt which focuses on Progressive Trance and zenonesque Techno.
Lots of cool deep chunky tracks around at the moment, so a bit of a diverse set from me – even has some techno thrown in – before closing with some solid psy in readiness for the wicked Triple Agent guest mix which was, well…. wicked! Such a solid mix of all things driving and psy tinged showcasing his recent EP out on Logariddim Records plus a stack of tasty exclusives.
Big holiday love to the extended Disc Breaks family – hope you all have a great break and we won’t be missing a beat with the show going out live on the 27th. So, if you need a break from the family – you know where to go 😉
Next Week: Growler Guest Mix!
01. DJ Shinobi, Losing Rays – Only You (Retroid Remix) [Morphosis Records]
02. Kostas G – Double Booked [AUX Records]
03. Soulforse – Rain [VIM Records]
04. Herzio & Dezibelio – Doomed [VIM Records]
05. Resonant Status – Glimpse of the Future [Divergence]
06. Herzio & Dezibelio – Nebulose (Charlie Kane Remix) [VIM Records]
07. Kid Blue – Soul Inside [LOT49]
08. Fisso & Spark – Way Out [Ground Level Records]
09. Four Motion – Hangover [Sound Perfect Breakz Records]
10. Necro – Oga (Ap3x Remix) [ KindCrime Recordings]
11. Mr Cid – Beyond Our Reach [VIM Special Edition]
12. Optobot – Man Or Machine (MartOpEter Remix) [Sub Element Recordings]
Guest Mix – Triple Agent
01. THE RIDDLER – HIDE & SEEK [TESSERACTSTUDIO]
02. BSD – PHANTASMAGORIA [MENTAL MACHINE]
03. HEDFLUX – WHITE NIGHTS [CDR – BROKEN ROBOT]
04. TRIPLE AGENT – THE OPERATOR [BROKEN ROBOT]
05. TRIPLE AGENT – UNTERWELT [LOGARIDDIM]
06. BAD TANGO – ANALOGUE HEDGEHOG (LUQAS RMX) [LOGARIDDIM]
07. BAD TANGO – ENZYME [BROKEN ROBOT]
08. MONK3YLOGIC – NOT OVER YET [CDR – LOGARIDDIM]
09. MARTOPETER – HOMEGROWN DISTASTER [DIVERGENCE]
10. TRIPLE AGENT – PISTOLS & SPACESHIPS [LOGARIDDIM]