This week we’re biggin’ up the Australian Breakbeat Massive with a guest mix from our own Karl Sav. Karl has been knocking about the scene for a while bringing us quality tracks and remixes in the deep techy vein, but then he disappeared on us… With an EP about to drop on Strontium and a single on Scarcity the big man is back and this guest mix showcases some of his quality new originals and remixes – expect big tings from the man in 2012!
Karl took quite a bit of time out to answer some questions about himself, his productions and where he’s been for the last little while with the full interview is here – Disc Breaks Interview: Karl Sav
In 2009, Beatport listed Karl Sav as one of the names to watch in dance music. In 2010 a massive hard drive crash almost derailed his releases altogether. 12 months later, a campaign ensued to rescue the music of said hard drive and after successfully doing so Karl Sav is back!
One of Australia’s leading exports in the breakbeat world, Karl Sav has been djing and producing electronic music since the early “naughties”. His debut release on Erase Records out of Greece lead to signings with Unstable Label and Re:connect records in the UK and release on Australian label (and club night he was resident Dj at from 2006 to 2009) Destination Label.
Karl Sav has remixed some of the biggest names in dance music in Myagi, Calvertron, Signal Drivers, High Eight, WoNK, Mars, Mesmer as well as Australian bands “The Falls” and “Calerway” who featured his remix of “Imaginary Friend” on their debut album, Midnight Mercenaries. He has received airplay from some big names in Future Funk Squad, Hedflux, Dopamine and Elite Force as well as playing along side some of the front runners in the breakbeat scene over the years in Krafty Kuts, Skool of Thought, Breakfastaz, Chris Carter, Future Funk Squad, Kraymon, Friendly, Klaus Hill, Dj Mutiny, Dopamine , Baobinga, ID, Groove Diggerz, Jhz, Antiform, Mesmer, Hedflux, and Phil K.
With 20 years under his belt involved in music from bands to electronic, the short break from it all has not set him back with releases set for the end of 2011 and beyond. Big tings a gwan!
It’s so good to have Karl Sav back and like i said, if this mix is anything to go by then there’s big tings in store for him in 2012. Bit of psychitzophrenic mix from me, 30 mins of the deep and then 30 mins of the driving
Next Week – Fisso & Spark on the Guest Mix
01. Cloudbuster – Raindrops [Exklusive Records]
02. Abdomen Burst – Lullaby [Armada Records]
03. Line of Sight & Duane Barry – Machina Mori [Digital Sensation UK]
04. East Cafe – Flashback (Aeron Aether Remix) [Morphosis Limited]
05. Duane Barry – Cosmia (Line of Sight Remix) [Digital Sensation UK]
06. Left/Right, Digital Pizza – Every Body (Beta Remix) [Downbeat]
07. Ways & Means – Scissor Fight (Lee Coombs Remix) [Audio 23]
08. Achron – The Door (Retroid Remix) [Ego Shot Records]
09. Aggresivnes – Futurisia (Blazer Remix) [Electroshok]
10. Geon – Perpetual Motion (Colombo Remix) [Acida Records]
Guest mix – Karl Sav
01. Yadek – Night Flight (Art Project Mix) [RUNE]
02. Karl Sav – Infector (Breaks Mix) [Strontium Music]
03. Karl Sav & Nikita – How I Roll (Wrexx Remix) [Scarcity]
04. Mesmer – Le Food Fued (Karl Sav remix) [Scarcity]
05. Beta – Headspace [Sound of Habib]
06. Stylus Rex & Chris K – Halo Ember [Ground Level Records]
07. Karl Sav & Nikita – How I Roll (BuBu Breaks remix) [Scarcity]
08. Broken Eye – Toastjack [Broken Robot]
09. Karl Sav & Nick Division – For Whom Teh Bell Tollz [CDR]
10. Mesmer – Glareglaze (Karl Sav’s Never Saw the Light of Day mix) [Supposed to be Scarcity]
11. Veela – Circa1620 (Vespers GLTCHU Remix) [Pop n Lock]