Continuing the run of guest mixes here on the Disc Breaks show, we bring you this week the deep sounds of James Warren. Only recently did I find out that James is one half of Coalesced a group who tracks I have followed and loved for a while – this made sense as I’ve also dug his prog sets so well followed on Hybridized.com. It seemed only natural to ask him do to a guest mix and he most kindly obliged.
James has laid down a solid mix of deep breakbeat featuring his own remixes and tunes alongside a very fine collection of exclusives – this mix really is quality.
Over the last few years or so, James’s stock has risen significantly in the progressive house community with a compelling blend of immaculate DJ sets and quality production work. He joined the artist roster of the ever popular Hybridized.org in 2008. James originally gained his reputation within the progressive community with his meticulously programmed sets, seeing his audiences and support grow significantly over recent years and downloads of his sets in the thousands. Recent Way Out West, Gui Boratto and Hybrid remix sets have seen strong support from the artists themselves and further cementing James’s reputation as rapidly rising DJ and producer. Live work has also recently seen him DJ in both the UK and the US as his international standing rises.
Over the last 2-3 years, James has also proved himself a rising producer, both as solo artist and collaboratively with funk demon, Mike Bandoni as ‘Coalesced’. Coalesced have already released both remix and original material on a number of labels and plenty more work is in progress including a move into film and television scoring. 2008 saw a remix by Way Out West legend Jody Wisternoff and Darin Epsilon on the Coalesced track Cortina and a raft of tracks have been released on a labels such as Triptik, Electrofly, Silk Digital and Polytechnic. James’s work with KiRA has also seen them release tracks on Polytechnic Recordings and a Trafik remix for Global Underground’s Afterhours 5 compilation. 2010 also saw the release of a beautiful melodic house tune featuring a vocal by Rachel Lamb and released on Triptik, receiving support from top DJs. James is continuing to develop his own solo work which has thus far seen him release on Proton, Baroque, Olaris, Polytechnic and Silk Digital, gaining support from Markus Schulz, Nick Warren, Luis Junior, Ruben de Ronde, Chloe Harris and Elke Kleijn while also catching the eye of Gui Boratto in his original productions.
James is looking forward to further releases on Particles, Lowbit, Spring Tube and others in 2011.
Damn – such a great mix from James, big respect to the man. If he is new to you make sure you check the links above for more of his stuff. Lots of quality new stuff from Ego Shot, Flextone, VIM and DSUK in my first hour, but it was peppered with a dodgy Traktor so hopefully the tunes make up for the couple of slips 😉
01. Parallax Breakz & Shebuzzz – Clouds [RUNE]
02. Geon – Everything (Gary Saville’s Reconstruction) [Flextone Recordings]
03. MDK feat. Siegfried – Interstellar Mission (Yanix Remix) [Ridiculoud Records]
04. Abdomen Burst – Narada (Geon Remix) [Digital Sensation UK]
05. Digital Breaks Foundation with Retroid – No Remorse [Ego Shot Records]
06. Andy Faze – Alternative Kontrol [VIM Records]
07. Feuerhake – Under Pressure (Triple Agent Remix) [Logariddim Records]
08. Halobeatz – A Journey (Helbot Remix) [VIM Records]
09. Flack.su – Runnerup [Chi Records]
10. Ilya Mosolov – I Believe You May Fly [Electrofly]
Guest Mix – James Warren
01. Hybrid – Can You Hear Me (Widescreen Electro Mix) [Distinctive]
02. Guy J & Miriam Vaga – Fly [Bedrock]
03. Justin Timberlake – Sexyback (Faskil & James Warren Dub) [CDR]
04. Colombo – Summit (Original Mix) [iBreaks]
05. Imogen Heap – First Train Home (Royal Sapien Sakkura Remix) [Olaris/CDR]
06. Freeland – We Want Your Soul (Trafik’s Psyren Mix) [CDR]
07. Parallax Breakz – Train (James Warren Dark & Long Remix) [V.I.M. Breaks]
08. Plump DJs – How Much Is Enough [Finger Lickin’]
09. Deenk – Alone (Original Mix) [Scarcity]
10. Coalesced – Sabre (Beta) [unsigned]