This week on the Disc Breaks Guest mix, I’m very pleased to bring you new kid on the Psy Breaks block – Triple Agent. This guy impressed me straight away with his Mindwarp EP that came out on VIM records a couple of months back, both originals have been getting a consistent rinsing from me since then. Then came his Trigger remix on Ridiculoud and that just cemented it for me. If you’re into your breakbeat head down and driving with a healthy dose of the psy, make sure you grab this mix – quality.
Luk Schmid was infected by the electronical virus since 1996. At that time he mostly went to outdoor Goa parties, Drum n Bass events and he played guitar in a punkrock band. The influence of different music styles was as formative that he eventually found his way to Nuskoolbreaks. In 2000 Luk and a friend bought the first Technics MK2 and began to mix Psy & Progressive. Not long after that he regularly organised some outdoor Goa events with a circle of friends and performed with artists like “Space Cat”, “Alien Project”, “Feuerhake” or “XV Kilist & Rocco”. Back then his musical gusto was already widespread and styles like Big Beat, Funk and Drum n Bass were very important. Soon after that Luk got in contact with the modern Nuskoolbreaks at a party in Zurich for the first time. The influences of various styles fascinated him immediately. Wild party nights with DJ sets from Adam Freeland, Lee Coombs and Soul of Man were finally deciding that Luk exchanged his records like „Dragonfly“ and „Flying Rhino„ with „Marine Parade“ and „Finger Lickin“.
In 2005 he established „Dirty Beats DJ Combo“ with his friends and DJ’s „Maxter“ & „Valipulation“ and began to organise Breaks and Tech-funk parties. „Dirtybeats“ has been the ideal platform for improving his DJ skills and for socializing. In the past few years Luk has been playing alongside artists like „Far too Loud“, „General Midi“, „Soul of Man“, „Quadrat Beat“, „Aston Harvey“ or „Leeroy Thornhill“. „Dirtybeats DJ Combo“ still performs in these days and organises Breaks events in Switzerland.
In 2006 Luk took a first try on the synths. The musical odyssey has begun and it didn’t took long until he found his own style. Former influences from Progressive & Goa Trance have been noticeable in his productions and the combination of impulsive breakbeats and psychedelic leads became essential. His first release „Teen Slasher E.P.“ appeared on the english label „Play Recordings“ in 2009. Further releases on „Bass Frequency Productions“, „Vim Records“, „Ridiculoud Rec.“ followed and allowed collabroations with artists like „Kultür & Colombo“ or „Quadrat Beat“.
Luk Triple Agent produces a mixture of Tech-Funk, Progressive and Psybreaks. His simple slogan, which describes his sound properly, says: “Fast, Forward, Future“.
Big thanks to Triple Agent for a stomping mix, chock full of psy breaks of the highest order m/
01. Monojoke – It Feels Good [Particles]
02. Stiven Rivic, Michael & Levan – Angel Dream (Retroid Remix) [Liquid Surface Recordings]
03. Fash – Secrets [Silvernoise]
04. Digital Breaks Foundation – Experience [VIM Records]
05. Parallax Breakz – Almazzed (M_Spark Remix) [Digital Sensation UK]
06. Ilya Mosolov – Uranium [Avioground Records]
07. Line Of Sight – Bubblegun (High Eight Remix) [Scarcity Records]
08. Parallax Breakz – Shadow (Llupa’s Me Ans My Remix) [Rune Records]
09. Fletric – Microgravity [Flextone Recordings]
10. Beta – One – Breaks Mix [Sound Of Habib]
11. PRE:AMP – Koi Fish (KULTUR + COLOMBO remix) [Metamorph Muzik]
12. Laurent Garnier – Gnanmankoudji (Kultur & Colombo Remix) [Pias]
Guest Mix – Triple Agent
01. Dan F & Ricky Stone – Two Systems [Mob Rec]
02. RMS & Peak – new Realm (Hedflux Rmx) [Broken Robot]
03. Triple Agent – the Operator [Broken Robot]
04. Parallax Breaks – hope (Fletric Rmx) [Morphosis]
05. Beta – Beat Funk (9-5 Edit) [Far Ace Digital]
06. Tactical Groove Orbit – Dragon`s Hunt (Quadrat Beat Rmx) [Kick It Recordings]
07. Kiwa – another brick in the wall [CDR]
08. Dual Boot – Trigger (Triple Agent Rmx) [Ridiculoud Rec]
09. Lee Coombs – Detox (Acced Denied Rmx) [LOT49]
10. Robosapiens – Bodies (Hedflux Rmx) [Dead Famous]
11. Far too Loud – Dancefloor Destroyer [Funkatech]