This weeks the Disc Breaks guest mix series heads back to the East to bring an exclusive guest mix from Line Of Sight.
I first heard Line Of Sight through the Morphosis comp Evolved Breaks, for me it was one of the stand out tunes and I’ve been rinsing it sinc,. Then I was kindly sent his remix of New Order – Crystal and I was completely sold, so much so that I included both tunes in my recent Disc Breaks Session: 02 mix (which you can grab here – Disc Breaks Sessions: 02 ) This mix has neither tunes, but instead showcases some of his new tunes and remixes, needless to say, it’s very tasty
Also – don’t forget that due to daylight savings changes here and in the UK, my show is now 8-10pm Melbourne time – wouldn’t want to miss it
Line Of Sight
George (Line of Sight), coming from Varna, Bulgaria, has been involved with music since his early teen ages. His sound is a tight blend of electro, nu-skool and progressive breaks – solid and deep but at the same time funky and energetic.
He started DJing in 2004 and quickly became known for his inventive, diverse and energy-driven DJ mixes. Since then Line of Sight has been playing at major events and venues in Bulgaria and abroad. He also performed together with names such as Ardisson, Kansas City Prophets, Stanton Warriors, Deekline etc..
In the beginning of 2008 Line of Sight focused on making his own music and a year later, one of his tracks – “Origin”, was featured in “European Electro Bass Development: Phase I” compilation released by Subsonic Device. Soon after, another track by Line of Sight – “Stardust” appeared on Retroid’s “Morphosis: Evolved Breaks” compilation. “Stardust” received some very warm reactions and climbed up to 26-th place on Beatport Breaks Top 100 during the first week following the release.
Currently Line of Sight is busy expanding his home studio and doing original works and remixes for Morphosis, Flextone, Scarcity Records etc.
Constantly looking for fresh sounds and drawing inspiration from a wide range of genres, Line of Sight is always trying to push his tracks to the next level while maintaining his unique, recognizable style.
Here’s the archive if you missed the show live – cheers to Line Of Sight for a wicked mix!
01. J Hazen – That’s What They All Say [Sound of Habib]
02. Flack.su – T-Break (ICR Remix) [Glack Audio]
03. Modunique – Formbar (Trauma Duo Remix) [Gastspiel]
04. Mesmer and Dj Zinn – Thinking of You (Quentin Remix) [Scarcity Records]
05. Orbital – One Perfect Sunrise (Stereo B Remix) [Orbital Music]
06. Ken Silver – Music Non Stop [Silver Screen Recordings]
07. Nick O’Sean – Variance (Planisphere Remix) [Green Martian]
08. Future Funk Squad – Alien (The Peepshow Ownerz Remix) [En:Vision Recordings]
09. Will Spencer – Oceanica (Stefan Anion’s Port Authority Remix) [Olaris Records]
10. Mesmer – Wobbbl [Scarcity Records]
Guest Mix – Line Of Sight
01. Duane Barry – Searching The Stars (Phrakture Remix) [Digital Sensation]
02. Shiloh vs. Luck Chable – All Those Things [Baroque]
03. Karton – Spacetrip 82 [Sound Of Habib]
04. Farace – The Life [Phonico Recordings]
05. Mesmer & DJ Zinn – Thinking of You [Scarcity Records]
06. Mesmer – Whenever You Want Me (Line of Sight dub) [Scarcity Records CDR]
07. Ghettface vs. Yanix – Wikked Wayz (BETA Remix) [Ridiculoud]
08. Mesmer – Muzik Muzik [Sound Of Habib CDR]
09. Line of Sight – Bubblegun [Scarcity Records CDR]
10. Felix Stone – Time Lab (Llupa Remix) [Flextone Recordings]
11. Johan Soh & Myagi – Still (Beta remix) [Sound of Habib]