Hot on the heals of the last guest mix from Jariten, we are lucky enough to have VIM Records bosses, The Scientifics dropping by for another Disc Breaks exclusive chock full of deep rolling breaks goodness!
In the beginning of 2004, long time friends Echonomist, Mr. Lookman and Pale Penguin decided to form the breaks/tech-house project The Scientifics. Being very popular in Thessaloniki’s underground electronic music scene they have decided to combine their knowledge and creativity in order to produce quality electronic music for the dance-floor and for home listening.
The Scientifics sound is a breaks/tech-house combination with drops of electronica and minimal aesthetics. They have released two limited white label 12” singles-the “Manson Dreams” one (their re-edit of the Eurythmics classic “Sweet Dreams”) and the “Tainted Dirty Love Breaks” (a split 12” with Etostone vs Stama version of “Out Of Touch”), the single “Dark Beauty Deep In The Ocean Of Time” for groovebox records, an electronica-breaks remix for dimdj’s “debris” on relax records, three remixes on breaks/dirty house label erase records (for Beauty School’s “Suicide”, Lars Moston’s “So Bad” and Pro-7’s “Over”) and a remix on German breaks label Basstard Records (ror Claas Reimer’s “Bad Ass”).
From April of 2008 they run their own quality breaks/tech-house/electronica label V.I.M. Records (Very Important Music) in which they have released their single “Kick Ass Bells” (V.I.M.Breaks001), a remix for Electric Soulside’s “Lick My Dancefloor” (V.I.M.Breaks005), a remix for 2crush’s “The Funk Next Door” (V.I.M.Breaks010), a remix for Break The Box’s “Anika” (V.I.M.Breaks013), a remix for Wi:Re’s “Proper Thingz” (V.I.M.Breaks017) and a remix for Blatta And Inesha’s Vs Break The Box’s “Basket Shoes” (V.I.M.Breaks019).
During 2009 they are going to release more singles and remixes for V.I.M.Breaks, Erase, Drag N’drop, and Warriorz Records. They have organized many parties and events, they have done exclusive mix sets for many radio shows (their exclusive mix for Annie Nightingale’s Radio1 show was one of the hot picks for 2008), and they have performed outstanding live gigs in many festivals and clubs throughout Greece and Europe.
Wicked show, cheers to The Scientifics for the excellent guest mix – it went down a treat! Big ups to all in the chat, glad you enjoyed it and here is the archive if you didn’t manage to catch it live.
This is the last show for a month as me and the mrs are flying to Thailand for a holiday this afternoon. Never fear tho’ as we have Karlsav, Dj Marty B and Archie all pulling cover so you’ll be in great hands – cheers guys!
cya in March
01. Leftfield – Afrika Shox [Hard Hands]
02. Vandal – Captain Magic (Original Dirty Vox Filth Mix) [Lot 49]
03. 601 – Dirty North [Polar Red]
04. Bengston – Travelogue (Breaks Remix) [Ritmic Records]
05. Force Mass Motion – Out Of It [Lot 49]
06. Mike Rigler – Beirut Nights [Etage Noir Special]
07. Unkle – Eye For An Eye (Dylan Rhymes Vs. Force Mass Motion Remix) [Global Underground]
08. Misfilter – A Place For You (Hedflux Remix) [CDR]
09. Myagi – Come & Penetrate [Westway]
10. Superpolitik – Break It Down (Llupa Remix) [Polar Red]
The Scientifics – Willie Wonka Loves Breaks Mix
01. The Scientifics – Invading Claire [V.I.M.Loves80’s]
02. Bootyshade – Mandarine Girl (Break Mix) [White]
03. Peter Paul – Lapsus [N-Mity Sound]
04. Electric Soulside – Lick My Dancefloor [V.I.M.Breaks]
05. Will White – Wait A Minute (Groove Diggerz Remix) [Ape Music]
06. Break The Box – Anika (The Scientifics Remix) [V.I.M.Breaks]
07. Low Key Foo – Style Of The Rising Filter [Dead Famous]
08. Blatta And Inesha Vs Break The Box – Basket Shoes (The Scientifics Remix) [V.I.M.Breaks]
09. Willie Wonka And The Chocolate Factory Main Theme [Hip-O]
10. Blatta And Inesha – Killa Ruffest Loop [Mantra Breaks]
11. Jinx – Bushweed (Bash Down Babylon Mix) [Bassrock)]
12. Wi:Re – Proper Thingz (The Scientifics Wikked Style Remix) [V.I.M.Breaks]
13. The Wondrous Boat Ride Outro [Hip-O]